October 2009 – 3 Acts (3 Performers)
Age 12 and Under
Linzy Lassetter, 7 – Played piano solos
Bronson Lassetter, 14 – Sang and accompanied himself on guitar
Kendall Dane, 15 – Sang and accompanied himself on guitar
October YAPI News and Notes
October YAPI was small but as always, fun. Three performers graced the stage. Linzy and Bronson Lassetter performed and it was great to have them back! They had not performed at YAPI since April! YAPI is like that. People come when they can. Kendall Dane performed and we figured out that he has performed every YAPI but one since June of 2008! We appreciate his enthusiasm and we love it that he takes advantage of the monthly YAPI performance opportunity.
We invite all performers 19 and under to do the same. YAPI is the perfect opportunity to get over stage fright, to hone performance skills and to get experience performing with a sound system. The more comfortable one feels, the more one will enjoy performing. You couldn’t ask for a more supportive and appreciative audience than the YAPI audience.
It would be great to get more youth involved in YAPI events. All age 19 and under performers encompassing all levels of experience and talent are welcome to participate in the Young Artist Performance Incubator. But, there are many ways for area youth to participate in YAPI besides performing. YAPI is always looking for local youth to help and gain experience in the following areas:
- Taking pictures at YAPI
- Writing YAPI news for the emailing list and website, or perhaps writing an article for the school or local newspaper
- Helping to get performers signed up and signing up people to be on the YAPI emailing list
- Putting up posters to help get the word out
- Emceeing-introducing performers and running YAPI events
- Setting up each act and running the sound system
Brenda would be happy to apprentice any local youth who want experience in any of these areas. Please contact Brenda at BFreed1@earthlink.net or call 512-847-1022 if you are interested. The goal is to have the youth run YAPI as much as possible.
YAPI is always the first Thursday of the month so the next YAPI event will be Thursday, November 5th.
You can support the YAPI community event by:
- Coming out to YAPI to perform the first Thursday of every month (if you are age 19 or under)
- Encouraging or bringing a young performer to come perform at YAPI
- Coming to YAPI to listen to the performers and being a supportive audience member
- Helping to get people on the YAPI email list and spreading the word about YAPI
If you are reading this and would like to be added to the YAPI email list, or if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the list, please email your/their name and email address to BFreed1@earthlink.net with “Add to YAPI Mailing List” as the subject. Brenda will send only YAPI email reminders and news following each YAPI event.
See you at the next YAPI monthly community event!