October 2008 – 5 Acts (6 Performers)
Age 12 and Under
Jesse Loeb & Haley Smith, both 11 – Played piano duets and Jesse played solo original piano compositions as well
Sam Martin, 11 – Played guitar solos
Kendall Dane, 14 – Played guitar and sang
Alex Jones & Clinton Quinn, both 13 – played songs with Alex on bass and Clinton on electric guitar
Parker Crowley – Played guitar
YAPI October News and Notes
October YAPI was hoppin'. We had volunteers to take pictures, record video, help with sign up, and several helped with sound equipment. The audience was amazed with the original keyboard compositions by new performer, Jesse Loeb. He loves those boogie woogie style licks!
YAPI also welcomed new performers on guitar, Haley Smith, who played with Jesse, and Parker Crowley and Sam Martin who played guitar solos.
We’re always happy to have return YAPI performers. Kendall Dane sings beautifully while accompanying himself on guitar and Alex Jones and Clinton Quinn always rock the house! The variety and surprises make YAPI lots of fun.
YAPI takes place on the first Thursday of every month August through May at Maui Wowi in Wimberley, TX from 6pm-8pm. Mark your calendars for YAPI on November 6th.
All age 19 and under performers encompassing all levels of experience and talent are welcome to participate in the Young Artist Performance Incubator. YAPI provides a safe and supportive environment for youth to get performance experience with a sound system, to hone their performance and artistic skills and to share their talents with their family and peers.
There are many ways for area youth to participate in YAPI besides performing. YAPI is always looking for local youth to help and gain experience in the following areas:
- Taking pictures at YAPI
- Writing YAPI news for the emailing list and website, or perhaps writing an article for the school newspaper
- Helping to get performers signed up and signing up people to be on the YAPI emailing list
- Putting up posters around Wimberley and at all the schools
- Emceeing-introducing performers and running YAPI events
- Setting up each act and running the sound system
Brenda would be happy to apprentice any local youth who want experience in any of those areas. Please contact Brenda at BFreed1@earthlink.net or call 512-847-1022 if you are interested. The goal is to have the youth run YAPI as much as possible.
You can support the YAPI community event by:
- Coming out to YAPI to perform the first Thursday of every month (if you are age 19 or under)
- Encouraging or bringing a young performer to come perform at YAPI
- Coming to YAPI to listen to the performers and being a supportive audience member
- Helping to get people on the YAPI emailing list and spreading the word about YAPI
If you are reading this and would like to be added to the YAPI email list, or if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the list, please email your/their name and email address to BFreed1@earthlink.net with “Add to YAPI Mailing List” as the subject. Brenda will send only YAPI email reminders and news following each YAPI event.
See you October 2nd at the next YAPI!