March 2010 – 2 Acts (2 Performers)
Age 12 and Under
Rory Hancock, 12 – Sang songs a cappella with his sister, Katy Fachorn
Katy Fachorn, 15 – Sang songs a cappella solo and with her brother, Rory Hancock
March YAPI News and Notes
It was a low key YAPI but it was perfect for Rory and Katy because it was their first YAPI appearance. Having the stage to themselves gave them an opportunity to work on their stage presence, get comfortable announcing their songs and work with the sound system. We could see their confidence grow with each number they sang and it sounded great! We look forward to a return performance from both of them!
We invite all performers 19 and under to participate in YAPI. It is the perfect opportunity to get over stage fright, to hone performance skills and to get experience performing with a sound system. The more comfortable one feels, the more one will enjoy performing. You couldn’t ask for a more supportive and appreciative audience than the YAPI audience.
It would be great to get more youth involved in YAPI events. All age 19 and under performers encompassing all levels of experience and talent are welcome to participate in the Young Artist Performance Incubator. But, there are many ways for area youth to participate in YAPI besides performing. YAPI is always looking for local youth to help and gain experience in the following areas:
- Taking pictures at YAPI
- Writing YAPI news for the emailing list and website, or perhaps writing an article for the school or local newspaper
- Helping to get performers signed up and signing up people to be on the YAPI emailing list
- Putting up posters to help get the word out
- Emceeing-introducing performers and running YAPI events
- Setting up each act and running the sound system
Brenda would be happy to apprentice any local youth who want experience in any of these areas. Please contact Brenda at BFreed1@earthlink.net or call 512-426-0301 if you are interested. The goal is to have the youth run YAPI as much as possible.
YAPI is always the first Thursday of the month so the next YAPI event will be Thursday, April 1, 2010.
You can support the YAPI community event by:
If you are reading this and would like to be added to the YAPI email list, or if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the list, please email your/their name and email address to BFreed1@earthlink.net with “Add to YAPI Mailing List” as the subject. Brenda will send only YAPI email reminders and news following each YAPI event.
- Coming out to YAPI to perform the first Thursday of every month (if you are age 19 or under)
- Encouraging or bringing a young performer to come perform at YAPI
- Coming to YAPI to listen to the performers and being a supportive audience member
- Helping to get people on the YAPI email list and spreading the word about YAPI
See you at the next YAPI monthly community event!